INADEM - TAE

Certificated since 2016 as Taller de Alta Especialización by the Instituto Nacional del Emprendedor (INADEM) and the Secretaria de Economia, the only ones in the state of Quintana Roo. Federal program for entrepreneurs that allows them to access resources and specialized equipment to develop or materialize an idea, project or technological prototype with a high degree of innovation at the Talleres de Alta Especialización recognized by the Instituto Nacional del Emprendedor.

INADEM - TAE

In this section you will find information regarding Convocatoria 2.4, which is related to Incubators, Accelerators and Talleres de Alta Especialización recognized by INADEM. For our specific case, you can apply to this program under the category of Talleres de Alta Especialización, Fab Lab Maya is the only one in all Quintana Roo with this certification.

This federal program is for small and medium business and entrepreneurs, it allows access to resources and specialized equipment to develop or materialize an idea, project or technological prototype with a high degree of innovation at the Talleres de Alta Especialización certified by the Instituto Nacional del Emprendedor.

This program is open between the months of May and June and it is priority to prepare with the necessary documentation and time to be able to apply, since an internal eligibility criteria is made. Keep in mind that although you apply at this time, the results are delivered until mid-August or September, so if you are benefited, the project would be starting to work until January of the following year.

We can help you by providing useful information, where you can review eligibility criteria, regulations, requirements, etc. One of the most important parts is to full fill the documents, which consist of technical, financial and business information, the budget and personal information. There are guides who will explain in detail how to fill out these documents and what should be done to be candidates if you decide to apply for the program.

INADEM can support your project with a maximum of $200 thousand pesos or the 70% with respect to the total budget of the project, as long as the amount previously mentioned is not exceeded, while the remaining 30% is paid by the entrepreneur. The amount must be stipulated in the formats offered by INADEM itself and can not be changed once the documents have been sent.

The entire process is completely online and we, as Taller de Alta Especialización, are able to help you to direct your projects and ideas in the best way so that you have a high probability of being selected. There are many people interested in applying and few places, so we recommend that you prepare your documentation very well and advise us if you have any doubts.

For specific requirements, more information and formats, you can visit the official website of INADEM or contact us, we will be happy to assist you.

Fab Academy

The Fab Academy is a Digital Fabrication Program directed by Neil Gershenfeld of MIT’s Center For Bits and Atoms and based on MIT’s rapid prototyping course, MAS 863: How to Make (Almost) Anything. The Fab Academy began as an outreach project from the CBA, and has since spread to Fab Labs around the world. The program provides advanced digital fabrication instruction for students through an unique, hands-on curriculum and access to technological tools and resources.

At the moment, we are not yet a Fab Academy node until 2020. For more information, visit the official Fab Academy website.

Fabricademy

Fabricademy is a transdisciplinary course that focuses on the development of new technologies applied in the textile industry, in its broad range of applications, from the fashion industry to the upcoming wearable market. The two phase program will last 6 months, with approximately 3 months of seminars and learning modules and three months focusing on individual in depth applied project research.

At the moment, we are not yet a Fabricademy node until 2020. For more information, visit the official Fabricademy website.